ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – On August 11, Eric Tompkins, 37, of Clifton Park, N.Y., pled guilty to possession of child pornography.
Tompkins, a registered sex offender, pleaded guilty before Senior United States District Judge Thomas J. McAvoy, Tompkins, admitted that on March 28, 2019, he possessed child pornography on his cell phone, which depicted images of adolescent children.
Tompkins could face up to 20 years in prison, and probation of five years to life, when he is sentenced on December 15, 2021.
This case was prosecuted as part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative designed to protect children from exploitation and abuse.
More from News10
- Rolling Stones pay tribute to Charlie Watts as they open American tour
- 98.3 TRY Social Dilemma: Is It Too Early To Put Up Halloween Decorations?
- Albany gas price update, September 27
- ‘Moulin Rouge! The Musical’ sashays home with 10 Tony Awards as Broadway honors shows shuttered by COVID
- 09/27/2021: A few showers, more clouds Monday