ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The City of Albany’s Department of Planning and Development along with the Capital District Transportation Committee announced they are in the process of updating the 2009 Bicycle Master Plan to include a pedestrian component to the Plan and find policies and infrastructure that promote increased cycling and walking around the City.
The Department says to help strengthen the biking and walking environment in the City, these updates to the Bike and Pedestrian Plan will include extensive public outreach. The Department says they will be holding a series of six virtual meetings throughout the month of June to discuss cycling and walking in the city. Each of the six meetings will reportedly be based on a grouping of neighborhoods and correspond with the meeting numbers listed below.
- Neighborhood Meeting #1: Monday, June 15th – 6:30pm – 8pm
(Center Square, Downtown, Hudson Park, Lincoln Park, Mansion, Pastures, Washington Park Washington Square)
Zoom Registration Link: https://nelsonnygaard.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYkf-irrTosHNEZZ23Vytg5JOlaRqZYHoDA
- Neighborhood Meeting #2: Wednesday, June 17th – 6:30pm – 8pm
(Delaware Avenue, Lincoln Park, Mount Hope, Second Avenue, South End)
Zoom Registration Link: https://nelsonnygaard.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUtc-mqpzItGtdg9NDxdZlgXs5zmbIncD4o
- Neighborhood Meeting #3: Monday, June 22nd – 6:30pm – 8pm
(Beverwyck, Helderberg, New Scotland/Woodlawn, Normanskill, Pine Hills, Whitehall)
Zoom Registration Link: https://nelsonnygaard.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAlcemspzosH9SIAV9I10xSmxkeyW0ju8HQ
- Neighborhood Meeting #4: Monday, June 29th – 6:30pm – 8pm
(Buckingham Lake, Campus Area, Eagle Hill, Manning Boulevard, Melrose, Pine Bush, Upper Washington Avenue)
Zoom Registration Link:https://nelsonnygaard.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwsdO-vpzktGNRKwuYtJtJkZ3s1FdOeneQs
- Neighborhood Meeting #5: Wednesday, June 24th – 6:30pm – 8pm
(Arbor Hill, Sheridan Hollow, Ten Broeck Triangle, West End, West Hill)
Zoom Registration Link:https://nelsonnygaard.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYuc-qorjIrGtI2erS3TKvWgm9EmVmD1Twg
- Neighborhood Meeting #6: Thursday, June 25th – 6:30pm – 8pm
(Bishop’s Gate, North Albany)
Zoom Registration Link: https://nelsonnygaard.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJErdO-hqjstG9QO5BPn57eWaotd-keWJrTR
To learn more about this project, please visit the project website and watch the project introduction video. On the project website, you can also take the project survey and use a WikiMAP to provide location-specific comments about cycling and walking in the City.
Feel free to contact to our department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any accommodations for the upcoming meetings or have any questions about the project.
- New youth program aimed at helping children process distressing events in their lives
- First COVID-19 case reported at Niskayuna Central School District
- Demand for food has only gone up as the pandemic continues
- Local school district notifies some cafeteria employees of potential layoffs
- Vermont high school sports to begin competition Saturday