The City will reportedly receive a $100,000 grant over two years to support resident-led efforts to combat blight and fund a Love Your Block fellow selected from the community, as well as one AmeriCorps VISTA member. The funding will reportedly allow the City to award mini-grants to residents as well as other community partners to encourage neighborhood-driven change.
“I am thrilled that Albany is among the recipients of the Love Your Block Grant Program. The award is a testament to my administration’s commitment to equity, combatting blight, and ensuring that every neighborhood works,” said Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan. “I look forward to working with our residents and community partners and seeing what transformative changes are made to our neighborhoods. Thank you to Cities of Service for selecting the City of Albany for this award.”
Those interested in being considered for the AmeriCorps VISTA fellowship or Love Your Block Fellowship positions should contact Sam Wells, Neighborhood Stabilization Coordinator, City of Albany, NY via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (518)-694-4813 no later than October 1, 2021.
More from NEWS10
More from News10
- Help for veterans exposed to toxic burn pits: Congress says more needs to be done
- GOP blocks bill to keep government going; new try ahead
- Pfizer to submit COVID-19 vaccine data in children in matter of ‘days,’ CEO says
- Hitmen let mom get child out before killing 7 in Juarez home, newspaper says
- COVID cases and quarantines impacting bus routes for some Johnstown and Gloversville students
Follow us on social media