CHESTERTOWN, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Tez Steinberg of Chestertown is a long way from home, and paddling farther by the day. He’s over a month into a solo journey by boat to raise money for United World scholarships.
The United World Challenge has sent Tez on a journey from California to Hawaii, paddling a boat equipped with 90 days of food and supplies for the journey.
He’s alone out on the water, but sends frequent updates on his progress, and all the stories that come with it as he heads out towards the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. He will be crossing the eastern garbage patch along his way.
Visit https://unitedworldchallenge.org/ to read about the journey or donate to the cause.
- Sharks cram into Florida canals to avoid red tide, experts say
- Newsfeed Now: VA mandates COVID-19 vaccines for health care workers; Simone Biles out of Olympic gymnastics team finals due to medical issue
- Gov. Cuomo: State teams up with five labs to monitor variants
- Warren County looking for public input on whether fireworks law should change
- Colorado monitoring 2 people after monkeypox exposure on flight