SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Friday was a milestone day for Mechanicville’s Chad Brown, who notched his 2,000th win as a trainer at Saratoga.
Brown reached the mark when Digital Software scored a come from behind win in the final race of the day. Brown got within one win of the milestone earlier in the day, when Public Sector ran to victory in the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes.
Earlier Friday, two classes of inductees entered the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame. For Brown, winning on a day where some of the greats in the sport were honored made reaching the milestone all the more special.
“It’s one of the things that got me into horseracing. Spending time in the picnic area with my parents, visiting the Hall of Fame, staring into the paddock. So for many milestones in my career to happen at Saratoga, it’s very fitting. I feel it’s meant to be whether it’s our 1,000th win was here, our first grade one was here, and now 2,000. So many great things have happened to me at Saratoga from a young age till now.”
More 10 in Toga
- Horse trainer ordered to pay $600K+ in wages, damages
- Trainers Bob Baffert, Marcus Vitali issued statement of charges and notice of hearing by NYRA
- Whitney Viewing Stand to remain open to public this fall
- Dunkin’ to donate coffee to service team at Saratoga Race Course
- NYRA honors bronze medalist Emma White with race namesake