ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Albany Police Department has won the 4th annual CDTA Pink Bus Pull to support the American Cancer Society’s Real Men Wear Pink campaign.
Coming in second place is the Albany Probationary Firefighters and in third is the Albany Fire Department.
The community came together for the event on Friday to help raise money in the fight to end breast cancer and support the Real Men Wear Pink campaign. Participating teams included:
- Albany Police Department
- Albany Fire Department
- Albany Medical Center
- Commercial Lending Advisors
Each team brought together eight people to test their strength and beat the clock as they tried to pull a 30,000 pound pink bus ten feet.
This is the fifth year CDTA has partnered with the American Cancer Society on its Real Men Wear Pink campaign. To help raise awareness, the CDTA pink bus was out on Capital Region streets to raise awareness and support the campaign.
In 2019, CDTA employees reportedly helped raise over $8,000 for Real Men Wear Pink. Overall, the 2019 Capital Region Real Men Wear Pink campaign raised more than $370,000 becoming the top earning campaign in the country.
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different
- Sunbeam recalls 940,000 crock-pots ahead of Thanksgiving due to burn risk
- 9 more coronavirus cases confirmed in Albany city schools
- Pay-as-your-throw program removed from Troy budget
- Owl found in Rockefeller Center tree released into the wild