CAIRO, N.Y. (NEWS10) — State police say Ebral Woullard, 25, of Cairo tried to kill someone by stabbing him in the neck or upper shoulder area on Thursday afternoon.
State police say their investigation showed that Woullard stabbed Luis Francisco Paqui Guaman, 25, of Middletown. When they arrived on the scene at Grove Street in Cairo around 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, the Cairo Police Department already had Woullard in custody.
Cairo ambulance and Greene County Paramedic arrived on the scene and brought Guaman to Columbia Memorial Hospital for treatment for the stab wound. He has been released from the hospital.
Woullard was charged with second-degree attempted murder, third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, and resisting arrest. If he’s convicted on all charges, he could earn a sentence of almost 33 years.
- North Country residents arrested after Watertown stick-up
- 17-year-old Florida girl electrocuted by power line while escaping burning car
- 4 girls, 12 and 14 years old, accused of setting house fire
- Prince Harry to attend Phillip’s funeral, Meghan to stay home
- Fire burning underground in Utah can’t be extinguished