Gugino suffered a fractured skull when he was knocked down by Buffalo police outside City Hall earlier this month. The incident happened during protests that followed the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.
Gugino’s attorney, Kelly Zarcone, says he’s still recovering in the rehabilitation section of a hospital.
Here is Zarcone’s update, which was released on Tuesday afternoon:
“I just came from visiting Martin Gugino. He is continuing to recover, having good days and bad. Today was a good day. He holds up his end of a complex conversation just fine and his sense of humor has not suffered one bit. He is continually delighted with the outpouring of well wishes from people around the globe. I brought him a big stack of cards and emails which people sent to my office to cheer him on.
We understand that many members of the Press would like to talk with Martin but after a great deal of thought, we determined that it makes sense for him to focus exclusively on healing. He appreciates the Press more than you know (especially for fact checking some of the inflammatory lies about him which are floating around) but he won’t be in a position to be interviewed for a number of weeks (even if you ask nice). There was no Notice of Claim filed today – if one is filed, it will not be this week. Martin is still in the hospital rehab section and will not be discharged this week.”Kelly Zarcone, Esq.
- Sealed with a hiss: ‘Name-a-Roach’ returns for 10th year
- Today’s 98.3 TRY Social Dilemma: How Do You Tell An Employee She Has To Smile For Clients?
- 01/19/2021: A bit chillier with more snow showers today
- Amber Alert issued for 3 and 5 year old Greece kids abducted by suspects in ski masks
- Capital Region Career Centers to host virtual hiring event