DALTON, Mass. (WWLP) — The Dalton Scouts from Troop 4 are celebrating their 100th anniversary and need the public’s help.
Dalton Troop 4 is looking for anyone that that was a scout in 1997 that may know where the time capsule was buried from the 75th-anniversary celebration. They are also looking for historical pictures and memorabilia from 1997 through 2005 since they have a gap in their recorded history.
The event is being held on September 11th from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Dalton Congregational Church. It is open to the public that will offer a variety of activity stations to learn about Scouting.
A private event will be held from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. with a ceremony celebrating the 100 years followed by a cookout. The event is limited to invited guests only due to COVID restrictions.
More from NEWS10
- Bills pushing for personal seat licenses at proposed new stadium
- NYSPHSAA memo clarifies state guidance: Student-athletes must wear masks
- Pesticide protest at Delmar CVS on Sunday
- Annual memorial mass for deceased members of the law enforcement
- Massachusetts COVID Daily Report: 23 new deaths, 1,885 new cases