GREAT BARRINGTON, Mass. (AP) — The trial of a former town treasurer’s office employee charged with stealing more than $100,000 from the community is tentatively scheduled for October.
The Berkshire Eagle reports that 64-year-old Deborah Ball allegedly stole more than $100,000 in property and excise taxes paid in cash from 2015 to 2018 while working as assistant treasurer/collector in Great Barrington. She was fired in March 2019.
She has pleaded not guilty to larceny and embezzlement charges and is free on personal recognizance. Her attorney has not commented.
- Albany County coronavirus update
- 8/15/2020: Incredible start to the weekend! Then, rain & cooler temps
- SpaceX delays next astronaut launch
- This NC woman turns 116 today and is the oldest person in the U.S.
- Fire breaks out overnight affecting two homes in Watervliet