SOUTH GLENS FALLS, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Chris Maiello has held three benefits for members of the North Country community since opening Maiello’s Barbershop last June. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, those have led to a total of around $16,000 raised so far. But on Sunday, the latest benefit kicked off with a little help.
Actors Susan Gallagher, from Netflix’s “Cobra Kai,” and Sean Kanan, from “The Karate Kid 3,” both recorded video messages to Landon Groves, the recipient of an all-day fundraiser held Sunday at the barbershop. Groves was diagnosed with Kabuki Syndrome after birth, followed by High Risk B Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia around Thanksgiving. The Leukemia is a form of cancer, currently in remission, and even with insurance, the cost of medication is steep.
To that end, all proceeds from haircuts on Sunday went straight to the Groves family for Landon’s treatment. Gift baskets were up for raffle, as well as video calls with both actors.
Maiello’s Barbershop is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. The Groves family also has a GoFundMe page set up for Landon’s treatment.
- From Wilmington to Washington: Biden heads to DC after Delaware send-off
- NYSUT seeking federal waiver to lift standardized, regents testing requirements for 2020-21 school year
- New ‘Gigafactory’ coming to Henrietta will create over 300 jobs
- Police arrest Amsterdam woman for alleged involvement in stabbing incident
- Siena poll: New Yorkers say worst of the pandemic is still to come