BALLSTON SPA, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Ballston Spa National Bank (BSNB) is teaming up with the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York to hold its 17th contactless drive-thru food pantry. The event is October 26 at 9 a.m. at 990 Route 67 in Ballston Spa.
The pantry is open to families and individuals in need of food assistance. Food is on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
BSNB says an anticipated 18,000 pounds of food will be distributed during the event. Items include produce, dairy, frozen meats and non-perishable items. Since spring 2020, BSNB food pantries have distributed 288,000 pounds of food to people in need.
BSNB has also received donations from the community totaling over $34,000. With the money raised from the bank, the Regional Food Bank has received more than $114,000 to combat food insecurity.
BSNB is matching new community donations up to $5,000 through October 26.
- Best personalized gifts for new parents
- You better watch out: 1 in 4 think they belong on the ‘naughty list’ this year
- Teen driver killed in Jefferson County crash
- Moderna or Pfizer? Head-to-head study finds one is slightly more effective, Harvard researchers say
- Warren County reports another COVID death on Saturday, Dec. 4, update