AVOCA, N.Y. (WETM) — Matthew Kapp, 46, of Avoca has been charged after an investigation into the alleged rape and sexual conduct against a minor female over a 10 year period, according to Steuben County Sheriff Jim Allard.
The misconduct was reported on July 22, 2020 and it’s alleged that the conduct happened at a residence in Avoca.
Kapp was charged with first-degree rape, a class B Felony, and first-degree course of sexual conduct against a child, also a class B Felony.
Kapp was arraigned in the Centralized Arraignment Court and released on $500 bail.
- Statewide COVID-19 positivity rate at 5.77%
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- Guilderland man arrested, charged with Assault, following reported Crossgates Mall stabbing incident
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes