BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Both the national and state average prices of gas are down $.01 since last week.
- United States: $2.18 ($2.67 at this time in 2019)
- New York: $2.27 ($2.76 at this time in 2019)
Albany gas prices have fallen $0.08 per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.28 per gallon on Monday, according to GasBuddy’s survey of 546 stations. Gas in Albany is $0.027 per gallon higher than it was a month ago, and $0.383 cents per gallon below a year ago.
GasBuddy says the cheapest station in Albany is $2.04 per gallon, and the most expensive is $2.43 per gallon. Statewide, the lowest reported price is $1.91 per gallon, with the highest at $2.79.
The price of gas is expected to continue dropping as fall approaches. Here is a look at other prices across upstate New York:
- Batavia – $2.21 (down $.01 since last week)
- Buffalo – $2.23 (down $.02 since last week)
- Ithaca – $2.20 (down $.01 since last week)
- Rochester – $2.25 (down $.01 since last week)
- Rome – $2.32 (no change since last week)
- Syracuse – $2.21 (down $.01 since last week)
- Watertown – $2.31 (down $.01 since last week)
- Stewart’s Shops employee tests positive for coronavirus
- Bills defense comes up with first dominating performance this season in a win vs. Jets
- 10/25/20: Cool with Showers for Monday
- Spirit of Liberty Foundation honors Albany Stratton VA healthcare workers
- Tyler Bass, Bills defense lead the way in 18-10 win over the Jets