COLONIE, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Colonie Police have made an arrest in connection with a stabbing at the Colonie Center. Jimmy Smith, 35, is alleged to have stabbed 22-year-old Davan Priest in the head and also cut his own hand during the incident.
Both men were treated at Albany Medical Center after the altercation, which took place on November 10.
Police say Smith turned himself in and has been charged with second degree assault and third degree criminal possession of a weapon.
Smith was arraigned in Colonie Justice Court and released to the supervision of Albany County Probation. No future court date has been set.
- Local lawmakers say distraction looming over budget hearings
- COVID toes: Mysterious rash can affect feet in patients with coronavirus
- Meghan and Harry interview with Oprah lays bare royal rift
- Even with federal aid, tax increases ‘on the table’ for NY, Cuomo warns
- Cuomo: ‘I’m not going to resign because of allegations’