LATHAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Saturday’s “Alone Together Virtual 5K,” organized by the American Cancer Society, raised over $3500 from runners in twelve states: New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Virginia, Iowa, Louisiana, Florida, California, Nevada, Arizona, and Washington State.
The idea behind the 5K is that cancer never stops, so neither will we.
The registration fee is a donation of any amount. Participants gave anywhere from $1 to $100, with an average donation of under $25.
The American Cancer Society asks participants in the 5K to flood social media with pictures from before, during, and after the run.
- Social Dilemma: Do you let your spouse read your text messages?
- Dunkin’s free coffee Mondays begin Aug. 3
- As a new week begins, here’s why you don’t have that second stimulus check
- 08/03/2020: The calm between the storms
- Early morning motorcycle crash closes all lanes on Northway northbound between Exit 20, 21