ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Volunteer members of the American Cancer Society’s Capital Region Associate Board of Ambassadors have organized a Virtual 5K fundraiser. The event takes place on Saturday and runs throughout the day.
Participants can take part in the run from anywhere they choose: on the road, on a trail, or on a treadmill, so long as they practice safe social distancing.
Volunteers have been forced to resort to nontraditional methods of raising money to fight cancer because of the coronavirus outbreak.
- Albany County reports 11 private nursing home deaths in daily coronavirus briefing
- Citywide car parade to be held in June for Troy graduates
- Man who allegedly broke into bank says he did it for a ‘Hot Pocket’
- WATCH LIVE: Sheriff gives update on fatal shootout after tractor-trailer chase in Geneseo late Wednesday
- Patrons under plastic: Restaurants get creative in virus era