ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Volunteer members of the American Cancer Society’s Capital Region Associate Board of Ambassadors have organized a Virtual 5K fundraiser. The event takes place on Saturday and runs throughout the day.
Participants can take part in the run from anywhere they choose: on the road, on a trail, or on a treadmill, so long as they practice safe social distancing.
Volunteers have been forced to resort to nontraditional methods of raising money to fight cancer because of the coronavirus outbreak.
- 08/11/2020: Another hot and sweaty day
- Wedding industry gets a win in court battle against NY State
- Back to school: Lawmakers debate safest options for students, teachers as schools prepare to reopen
- Saratoga YMCA moves equipment outside for workouts
- Airports find three times more guns despite fewer passengers