(CNN) — Amazon is offering permanent positions to about 125,000 of its temporary workers.
That is about 70 percent of the employees it hired during the coronavirus pandemic.
The workers have been helping the company deal with increased demand from customers who are stuck at home.
Amazon says the permanent positions will pay $15 an hour and will start in June.
- WATCH: Governor Cuomo makes an announcement at 11:30 a.m.
- WATCH: Gov. Cuomo to hold a briefing at 11:30 a.m.
- Two found dead in Gloversville home after welfare check
- New York releases 28-page document on reopening schools
- Newsfeed Now: Washington Redskins name-change; Naval ship fire still burns