ALTAMONT, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Altamont Fair will be closed on Sunday, August 22, in the interest of public safety. Sunday was scheduled to be the last day of the fair.
The closure is due to New York’s current State of Emergency in anticipation of inclement weather from Hurricane Henri as it approaches the Capital Region.
Altamont Fair organizer Pat Canaday said in a statement:
More from NEWS10
- Pair of Kansas grade school boys jump fence to rescue infants from pool
- Parking restrictions in Albany for the upcoming weekend
- Home sales dipped in August after two months of increases
- Group of House Republicans file articles of impeachment against President Biden
- Lawmakers in Northeast seek USDA support for organic dairy farmers