ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10)- The City of Albany announced a new program to assist SNAP and WIC program recipients with home and healthcare products they cannot get through the programs. Albany Cares is a COVID-19 relief program in conjunction with non-profit organization Trinity Alliance, Inc.
Donations will be accepted July 1-August 1. There will also be a one-time drive on Saturday, August 1 from 10 a.m. -2 p.m. at Lincoln Park. Monetary donations are being accepted online.
- feminine care products
- body wash/soap
- paper towels
- disinfectant cleaner
- cleaning supplies
- paper products
- household supplies
- small first aid kit
- travel-size sewing kit
- infant items: bottles, diapers, baby wipes, diaper cream
More information about the drive can be found here.
- Hoover PD: Argument led to shooting that killed 8-year-old, injured 3
- NASA creates perfume that smells like space
- Experts fear bad tick season amid coronavirus pandemic
- Know the difference between heat stroke and heat exhaustion
- Second stimulus check: Report shows first payment saved thousands from poverty