ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Albany police are currently investigating a shooting that reportedly happened on Washington Avenue.
Police say on Saturday around 4:30 a.m., officers responded to a home on the 400 block of Washington Avenue near Cortland Place for reports of a shooting. Once on scene, officers found a 37-year-old man who had been shot in the hip.
The victim was reportedly treated on scene and taken to Albany Medical Center Hospital with what police say appear to be non-life-threatening injuries.
The investigation remains ongoing at this time, and anyone with information is asked to call the Albany Police Detective Division at 518-462-8039.
100% anonymous tips may also be submitted to Capital Region Crime Stoppers or download the free P3 Tips mobile app.
- UAlbany opens season with thrilling win over New Hampshire
- Siena lets one slip away in regular season finale
- CBA outduels La Salle in shootout at Frear Park
- NCAA approves Siena women’s basketball waiver for postseason eligibility
- Professional lacrosse team name contest narrowed down to three options