ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Albany police have arrested a man after a Saturday morning incident on Ontario Street, near Second Street, that left two women with stab wounds. Police say 30-year-old Onijah Washington stabbed a 37-year-old woman and a 14-year-old girl in the legs during a domestic incident that occurred at around 11 a.m.
Washington was later located at an address nearby and taken into custody. He is scheduled to be arraigned tomorrow in Albany City Criminal Court.
Washington has been charged with two counts of second degree assault, one count of third degree criminal possession of a weapon and one count of endangering the welfare of a child.
Both the victims received treatment for non-life threatening injuries and the investigation ongoing.
- Local telehealth program on the horizon for emergency medicine
- Albany County Hockey Facility parking lot to host drive-thru Toys for Tots toy drop-off
- Credit union donates school supplies to students in Schenectady CSD
- WATCH: 22nd Congressional Debate
- Wood Theater cuts staff to part-time as pandemic furthers “dire situation”