ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Albany’s Mayor and Police Department have both taken to social media to warn residents to stay clear of the streets surrounding Albany’s South Station.
These warnings follow another day of protests across the country in response to the death of George Floyd.
Mayor Sheehan tweeted a warning to steer clear of Morton Avenue, and the Albany Police Department took to Facebook to say, beware of violent riots on South Pearl and Arch Streets, an intersection in the same vicinity.
- NY Senate, Assembly to hold hearings on coronavirus impact, including nursing homes
- Niskayuna School Board addresses controversial symbols in school
- Crews battling large mill fire in Gloversville
- Troy officer involved in crash while responding to stabbing
- NY AG suing the President over possible student deportations