Video courtesy: Albany Med/YouTube
ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Dr. Dennis McKenna began his tenure as President and CEO of Albany Medical Center on Wednesday.
Dr. McKenna has a long history with the hospital, he went to school at Albany Medical College and completed his residency at Albany Med.
He is an Emergency Department physician who joined Albany Med in 2000, He has served as Medical Director of the Emergency Department, Medical Director of the Hospital, and President of the Albany Med Faculty Physician Group.
He spent 20 years in the military. For five years he was Medical Officer including a deployment to Somalia. He joined the Reserves in 1997 and was mobilized three times after 9/11, before retiring as a Navy Captain.
Dr. McKenna is also a medical volunteer for Double H Ranch and serves on the Board of Directors.
He takes over for former CEO and President of Albany Med James Barba who had been leading the hospital since 1995.
- 10/28/2020: Turning into a wonderful Wednesday
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident
- Siena basketball likely to open season on Thanksgiving
- Maple Hill, Greenville advance to Patroon Conference girls soccer final
- Lark Street Restaurant week to help small businesses