ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — An Albany man has been indicted in the July shooting of Lamon Lanier, 34, on Willet Street in Albany. District Attorney P. David Soares announced that Shimair Perrin, 29, of Albany, was arraigned in Albany County Court Thursday.
The indictment alleges that on July 23, 2021 around 1 a.m., Perrin intentionally shot Lanier with a gun in the area of Willett Street and Hudson Avenue.
An Albany County Grand Jury previously returned a sealed indictment alleging he committed:
- Murder in the second degree (class A felony)
- Criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree (class C armed violent felony)
Perrin pleaded not guilty to the charges and was remanded in to custody after arraignment.
More from NEWS10:
- VP Harris visits the Bronx pushing infrastructure and social spending
- Former curator Norman Rice passes away at 95
- Barriers around NYS Museum to stay in place
- Warrant: Assistant director unknowingly handed Alec Baldwin loaded gun
- Rensselaer County to provide COVID booster shots from all three vaccines