ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Malik Dare, 25, of Albany was inspired to create a “Stop the Violence” public service announcement as a summer characterized by violent shootings winds down.
Dare says the intention for the video is to raise awareness, provide insight, and dispense advice from respected local community leaders, including:
- Starletta Smith: Executive Director of YWCA-GCR
- Pastor Charlie Muller: Victory Church
- Pastor David Traynham: Former President of NAACP
- Jamil Hood: President and Founder of Hood’s House of Hoops
- Derek Johnson: Albany Common Council Member
Dare describes himself as a community member concerned with social justice issues who hopes the video can promote peace and safety.
Take a look at his video below:
- NYS Thruway Authority says cashless tolling coming in November
- Columbia County Democratic Committee accused of ‘fraudulently misrepresenting absentee mailing’
- Former President Jimmy Carter celebrates 96th birthday
- Can the coronavirus travel more than 6 feet in the air?
- Social Dilemma: If a woman asks a man out on a date, should she pay?