ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Albany police arrested Hamzah Al-Shaheri, 22, of Albany Saturday night for reportedly selling alcohol to a minor.
Police say just before 11 p.m., officers saw Al-Shaheri sell alcohol to a woman while he was working at All Star Pizza on Quail Street. During an investigation, it was reportedly learned that the woman who bought the beverage from Al-Shaheri was only 17-years-old.
Al-Ahaheri has been charged with one count of Unlawfully Dealing with a Child 1st.
He is scheduled to appear in Albany City Criminal Court at a later date. The case has also been referred to the New York State Liquor Authority, according to police.
More from NEWS10
- Sweet story: grandmother writes children’s book to help granddaughter after losing legs
- New York ranked best state for teachers in 2021
- Man arrested after fleeing police, crashing car, then fleeing on foot
- ‘Hey, hey, hey, goodbye!’: Passengers sing as two kicked off Florida flight for not wearing masks
- Study uncovers the filthiest part of your bathroom — and it may surprise you