ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Albany County Correctional Facility inmate, Anthony Drayton, 25, was arrested for reportedly possessing prison contraband.
The Albany County Sheriff’s Department said Drayton was found to be in possession of a homemade shank that he kept inside of his cell. Drayton, who was being housed at the facility as a Fugitive from Justice out of the State of North Carolina, was found to be in possession of the metal shank along with a broken tablet that he had caused damage too during a search of his cell by Correction Officers.
Drayton was charged with the following:
- One count of Promoting Prison Contraband in the First Degree (a class D felony)
- One count of Criminal Mischief in the Third Degree (a class E felony)
- One count of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Fourth Degree (a class A misdemeanor)
Drayton will be arraigned Wednesday morning at the Town of Colonie Criminal Court.
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief
- ‘Tired of being divided’: Garth Brooks to sing at Biden inaugural
- Super Bowl Experience construction ramps up along Tampa Riverwalk
- Bills coaches point out Andy Reid’s ‘aggressive, aggressive play calling’ mindset
- ‘It has been the greatest honor:’ first lady Melania Trump releases farewell message