ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Andrew R. Gibson, 42, of Westerlo was arraigned on Wednesday night on charges related to a fatal crash in Westerlo on May 16.
The arraignment was for second-degree manslaughter and two counts of aggravated vehicular homicide and aggravated vehicular assault. Gibson pleaded not guilty to all five felony charges.
Gibson was held in custody until Thursday morning. According to the District Attorney’s Office, he posted a $160,000 bond and was released. His next court date has not yet been scheduled.
Gibson stands accused of driving recklessly was intoxicated on County Route 401 in Westerlo, sideswiping an oncoming motorcycle before hitting a minivan head-on. The crashes ultimately killed the driver of the van, 55-year-old Lisa Sperry of Westerlo, sent four others to the hospital with serious physical injuries.
- Police searching for vulnerable woman reported missing out of Scotia
- Small mudslide closes road in Saratoga County
- ‘Happy tears’: Lee’s gold sparks joy at home in Minnesota
- South Texas nun makes gutsy decision to continue moving migrants despite governor’s executive order, for now
- Highway safety still a concern as Vermont prepares for retail cannabis sales