ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Albany police are reporting the arrest of a 17-year-old in connection to a robbery at a Hazlehurst Terrace home in December 2019. The alleged adolescent offender’s name will not be released due to his age.
Investigators say the Claverack teen was charged with:
- First-degree robbery
- First- and second-degree burglary
- Petit larceny
Police say that on Sunday, December 15 at about 11:45 a.m., the offender snuck in through a basement door and threatened a 32-year-old resident with a golf club, demanding he hand over property. Ultimately, no injuries were reported, and the minor fled empty-handed.
The next day at around 11:30 a.m., police say he went back to the same home and stole a backpack.
- Scene from ‘Elf’ comes to life as Buddy meets dad in Boston
- Homeland Security investigating scams related to new COVID-19 vaccines
- Federal student loans payments and interest pause to continue into 2021
- NY Attorney General cracks down on illegal vape sales
- Local congressman in favor of Stopping Grinch Bots