COLONIE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Shaker High School has declared the remainder of Thursday an emergency remote day for its students.
A statement on the North Colonie Central School District website says the school is closing in response to a confirmed positive COVID-19. It says they will release more information when they nail down specifics about reopening the building to in-person instruction.
A spokesperson with North Colonie said tracing contacts began immediately upon being notified Thursday morning. However, the district did not enough time to complete contact tracing before students were scheduled to arrive for in-person afternoon sessions.
The district sent out an alert asking high school “South” students to stay home for their afternoon classes. They wanted to notify individuals before they would potentially be placed under quarantine.
Another case was just confirmed in the district’s Blue Creek Elementary School on Wednesday.
- Armed Forces Day: Walt Disney World honors cast member who served in WWII with flag-raising ceremony
- Gov. Cuomo provides Saturday coronavirus update for NYS
- Derek Jeter sells Florida mansion, which he once rented to Tom Brady, for $22.5 million
- Colonie police make arrest in Motel 6 homicide case
- Spring Valley man arrested for allegedly stealing dog to give to girlfriend as gift