COLONIE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Shaker High School has declared the remainder of Thursday an emergency remote day for its students.
A statement on the North Colonie Central School District website says the school is closing in response to a confirmed positive COVID-19. It says they will release more information when they nail down specifics about reopening the building to in-person instruction.
A spokesperson with North Colonie said tracing contacts began immediately upon being notified Thursday morning. However, the district did not enough time to complete contact tracing before students were scheduled to arrive for in-person afternoon sessions.
The district sent out an alert asking high school “South” students to stay home for their afternoon classes. They wanted to notify individuals before they would potentially be placed under quarantine.
Another case was just confirmed in the district’s Blue Creek Elementary School on Wednesday.
- Local congressman in favor of Stopping Grinch Bots
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- Biden officially secures enough electors to become president after California certifies
- Reed: Trump’s NDAA veto threat is harmful to the troops
- More COVID-19 cases confirmed in Shenendehowa CSD