COLONIE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A 40-year-old Queensbury man has been arrested after allegedly attempting to engage in oral sex with a minor. Police say Mark K. Laux traveled to a location in the town of Colonie to perform a sex act on a girl he believed was under 15.
She was actually a state police investigator.
Officers say when Laux arrived at the location on December 2, he met State Police instead. He is now facing multiple felony charges:
- Second degree attempted criminal sex act
- First degree disseminating indecent materials to minors
- Second degree patronizing a person for prostitution
Laux was issued an appearance ticket and is scheduled to appear in the town of Colonie Court on December 16 at 6 p.m.
- Taron Johnson makes ‘franchise altering play’ as Bills punch their ticket to AFC Championship game
- Siena breaks record with 16th straight win
- Betty White marks 99th birthday Sunday; up late as she wants
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- COVID-19 vaccine distribution update in Schenectady, Rensselaer Counties