ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Albany Police Department reports arresting Corey Foster, 29, of Albany on Thursday. They say he was carrying cocaine and a loaded handgun on Sherman Street.
At about 10:45 a.m., detectives stopped Foster on Sherman Street between Robin Street and North Lake Avenue. They say it was part of an ongoing investigation.
Police say Foster was holding cocaine in both hands. They also say that he was carrying a bag with a 9mm handgun. He’s charged with:
- Second- and third-degree criminal possession of a weapon
- Seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
Police say they also arrested Foster on the strength of an April bench warrant issued from Albany City Criminal Court for failure to appear on previous arrests.
More from NEWS10:
- Averill Park rolls Albany to set up three way tie in Class A
- Burnt Hills cruises past Niskayuna, locks up Grasso Division
- Cataldo stands strong in net to send Burnt Hills to the semifinals
- Watervliet rolls to Class C South title with 42-6 win over Hudson
- Guilderland overcomes early mistakes to beat CBA