ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — New York state police say they arrested Wen M. Lu, 55, of Albany on Tuesday and charged her with a felony for reportedly stealing rent checks.
State Police say their investigation determined that Lu collected over $100,000 in rent checks meant for a Saratoga County business. She then allegedly deposited the funds into a fraudulent bank account she made to hide the theft.
Investigators say she used the money for personal expenses.
Lu is charged with second-degree grand larceny. This class C felony is worth up to 15 years with a conviction.
- Girl Scouts discuss the importance of voting
- How baseball hall of fame plans to tell the stories of 2020 season
- NYPL could become summer showcase league under MLB proposal
- Rensselaer Park Elementary may reopen
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes