ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Albany Police Department says officers heard shots and quickly arrested Jordan Latimer, 18, of Albany. Police say he’s responsible for shooting another teenager.
Responding to the sound of gunfire near Hamilton and Ontario Streets at about 1 a.m. on Monday, patrolling officers quickly moved to apprehend Latimer, who tried to flee the area—and the officers—on foot. They say he’s the one who shot a 15-year-old they found nearby with gunshot wounds to the abdomen.
Police also say that they recovered a .45 caliber handgun that Latimer discarded during the chase, plus a 9mm handgun near the scene. The minor was treated by emergency medical personnel before being transported Albany Medical Center Hospital for his non-life-threatening injuries.
The charges against Latimer are:
- Second-degree attempted murder
- First-degree criminal use of a firearm
- Second-degree criminal possession of a weapon
The charges potentially carry 75 years with a conviction, according to maximum state sentencing guidelines.
- Pennsylvania high court rejects lawsuit challenging election
- “One mistake didn’t win or lose a game” Dino Babers reacts to Syracuse heartbreaking loss to NC State
- Shoppers turn out for Small Business Saturday, WNY businesses urge community to shop small throughout the holiday season
- Victory Church “gifts for Guns” program launches
- Albany Med nurses rally ahead of planned strike