ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – UPDATE: Albany Police say they’re made an arrest in connection with the “domestic-related” homicide that occurred just at 11:45 p.m. on Saturday.
Kristopher Castanon, 27, was located and arrested near the scene. The victim is Castanon’s mother, Denise Castanon, 53. She was pronounced dead at Albany Medical Center after police located her inside the home with multiple stab wounds to her torso. Castanon has been charged with second-degree murder.
The information originally released appears below:
Albany police are investigating a late Saturday night homicide that took place on the 100-block of North Manning Boulevard.
About 11:45 p.m., officers responded to the area for a reported altercation, discovering upon arrival that it was a homicide. They say their investigation revealed that the confrontation took place among individuals who know each other.
If you or someone you know has any information, contact detectives at (518) 462-8039.
- Josh Allen says they ‘left a lot out there’ offensively after missed opportunities vs. Chargers
- BLM confirms ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Bills need to close out games during final stretch of regular season
- Empire State Weekly Hospital Capacity Concerns and Home Heating Assistance
- 11 wounded in ‘mass shooting’ at Grenada biker club