ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — On Friday, Vincent Ellis, 24, of Albany was sentenced to 16 years in state prison, followed by five years of probation for the fatal stabbing of 28-year-old Brian Jenkins.
On March 9, at around noon, police say Ellis and Jenkins were fighting on Sheridan Avenue, which led to the fatal stabbing. Police arrested Ellis at the incident, and Jenkins later died as a result of his injuries at Albany Medical Center.
Ellis pleaded guilty to one count of first-degree manslaughter before Judge Richard McNally, this afternoon in Albany County Court.
More from NEWS10
- Marinopolous throws five touchdowns in RPI’s big win over St. John Fisher
- Johnstown’s comeback spoils Mechanicville’s hot start
- Kuzmich’s five touchdown performance powers Greenwich past Cambridge-Salem
- New York prepares for Monday vaccine deadline: Gov. Hochul releases preventable health care staffing shortage
- The best places to get an oil change