ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Albany has the sixth-best air quality in the U.S., according to a report ranking metropolitan areas with more than half a million people. Analysts used the EPA’s Air Quality Index values for 2019 to rank cities from best to worst.
The Albany-Schenectady-Troy metropolitan area reported 322 days of healthy air quality and no days of unhealthy or hazardous air quality.
Syracuse and Rochester came in just ahead of Albany, ranking fifth and fourth respectively, while Honolulu, Hawaii came first.
San Bernadino, California was the lowest ranked city in the study, which was commissioned by air filter supplier, Filterbuy.
- Ford recalls over 700,000 vehicles because backup cameras can go dark
- Arrest made in Schenectady homicide investigation
- Commission on Presidential Debates to make format changes following first Trump-Biden debate
- Award-winning Cooper’s Cave pub to close indefinitely in Glens Falls
- While statewide coronavirus positive cases is slightly down, Cuomo reminds New Yorkers to wear a mask