GLENS FALLS, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Adirondack Thunder hockey team is partnering up with Dunkin’ this week in a show of support to Glens Falls Hospital’s medical workers.
Tadd Sipowicz, the team’s director of business development, and the Adirondack Thunder mascot will deliver more than 600 donuts to healthcare staff at the hospital at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, May 12 at the hospital’s west enterance.
The delivery comes in honor of National Nurses Week, an occasion this year celebrating the efforts of nurses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In an interview in April, the Adirondack Thunder said they were still planning for their next season to go as planned. The 2019-20 ECHL season was suspended in March due to coronavirus.
More on coronavirus
- 2/27/21: Mild with Scattered Showers to end February
- Oath Keeper charged in Capitol riot renounces group, but judge says she’s too dangerous for release
- New York State COVID-19 hospitalizations at lowest numbers since early December
- Governor Cuomo announces 1.5 million New Yorkers have been fully vaccinated
- Child tax credit vs. child care tax credit: Here’s how each could give more money to parents this year