COEYMANS, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The scrap fire at Port Of Coeymans is under control according to Richard Robinson, the general manager of Port Of Coeymans. The fire reportedly started on a scrap metal pile on his tenant’s property at EMR Eastern Metal Recycling.
The fire was reported around 6:15 a.m. If you have any photos or videos of the fire, you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to Albany Police, due to the wind, the smoke from this fire can be seen from many miles away. NYS officials report that this fire could burn for more than 24 hours and that there is no health risk to residents in the area from the smoke.
Coeymans, Coeymans Hollow, Ravena, Selkirk, Coxsackie fire companies have all responded. NEWS10 has also seen a NYSDEC Spill Response vehicle on scene.
- Schuylerville prepared for state championship rematch
- Siena drops to 0-7 following last second loss to Colgate
- Woman meets Good Samaritan who returned lost purse
- #8 Saint Rose advances to national quarterfinal with 3-0 victory
- Man charged with killing wife, 5-year-old child arraigned in Duanesburg Town Court