ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – 98.3 TRY Social Dilemma came from Marisa. It’s about tattoos and friendship.
Hi Jaime. I’m having a problem with what I should do. It’s kind of a moral dilemma. Here’s what happened. My friend’s daughter has been asking her mom to let her get a tattoo for months, but my friend refuses. The girl is only 17, so she wasn’t old enough to get a tattoo without mom’s permission. Well, she must’ve found someone willing to do it because I saw it at the pool. So now I’m not sure if I should tell her mom and get her in trouble or keep it to myself and let her mom find out on her own. I want to be a good friend but I also don’t want to be the one that starts what will be a big fight between my friend and her daughter. What should I do? What do you think? Thanks so much Jaime. I’ll be listening.
Wow, that is tough. You know what I don’t think I would say anything. The truth is the mom will find out soon enough. I don’t think there’s a moral obligation there. If the girl was only 15, I would feel differently but 17 is dangerously close to being able to make those decisions on her own.
What do you think? What would you do? Let’s help Marisa out and let me know on the TRY Facebook page.
More from NEWS10:
- Newburgh man arrested on child sex abuse charges
- NYC mayoral candidates spar over crime and COVID in 1st debate
- Hochul signs legislation ensuring retirement plan for private sector employees
- Halloween spending rising after pandemic paused holiday
- Heidi Owen West: Candidate for Saratoga Springs mayor discusses the issues with NEWS10