ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Friday’s 98.3 TRY Social Dilemma has to do with parenting and music.
Hi Jaime. I have a bad mom dilemma. Well it’s actually a question. Does this make me a bad mom? My daughter wanted to learn to play the violin and now that she’s taking lessons, I’m already regretting it. I expected it would be tough to listen to while she was a beginner, but I wasn’t ready for this torture. She has to practice for half an hour every night and I don’t know how much more I can take. I know it will get better, but at this point I wish she would throw in the towel. Is it wrong to discourage her from following this musical pursuit? I want to know what other people think? Does this make me a horrible mom? Thanks Jaime
I don’t think it makes MaryAnn a horrible mom. But I do think one of the things in life we have to learn as kids is commitment, so for me, I think it’s important her daughter honor the commitment she made to the violin. But that’s just me.
What do you think? Let’s help MaryAnn out. Let me know on the TRY Facebook page.
More from NEWS10
- Eddies Music Hall of Fame induction this October
- Parliamentarian dashes Senate Dems immigration hopes
- Samuel Adams to release $240 beer that’s 28% ABV, illegal in 15 states
- Saratoga Peace Week returns this year
- ‘No masks allowed’: Parents of at-risk baby asked to leave restaurant for not removing masks