The Sheriff’s Office investigated two burglaries at the former Sherman’s Amusement Park property, one in July and one in August. On these occasions, police say the eight individuals entered a building, took several items, and smashed beer mugs on the dance floor.
The incidents were caught on surveillance cameras, and the Sheriff’s Office asked for help identifying the individuals by sharing screenshots from the video on Facebook. They say that this was the Sheriff’s Office most popular Facebook post in over four years on the social media platform. It was viewed over 413,000 times and shared over 7,800 times. Officers credit social media with helping them identify all eight within 24 hours.
The people seen in the surveillance footage have been identified by police as:
- Serena M. Tripp, 20, of Burnt Hills
- Madison Cooper, 19, of Rexford
- Timothy McCarthy, 20, of Clifton Park
- Deirdre N. Rafferty, 20, of Burnt Hills
- Alyssa J. Slingerland, 20, of Clifton Park
- Luciano Sciocchetti, 20, of Niskayuna
- Aerin A. Dicruttalo, 20, of Burnt Hills
- Quinn J. Coccetti, 21, of Clifton Park
All were charged with third-degree burglary and petit larceny, which together are worth a maximum sentence of up to eight years if convicted.
After the viral surveillance post, the next video with the highest views was around 115,000 for a weather-related disaster post from the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office.
- Panel answers what’s in the COVID vaccine, how long a second dose can wait and more
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says she has filed articles of impeachment against Biden
- Watching inauguration through tears, SU professor remembers predicting Biden’s ‘going to be something’
- Dr. Fauci addresses coronavirus mutations, state of pandemic in first briefing of Biden administration
- Bills defense looks to slow down Chiefs TE Travis Kelce