ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Jill Szwed’s weather report has us back in normal calm fall weather. In today’s 5 things to know, a major fire happened yesterday in Coeymans, a State Trooper was indicted on a murder charge, and a State employee was arrested after dropping cocaine.
1. Fire in Coeymans yesterday
A scrap fire at Port Of Coeymans occurred yesterday morning. Smoke was seen from miles away and the NYSDEC Spill Response was on the scene.
2. State Trooper indicted on murder charge after 11 year-old-death
The New York Attorney General Letitia James said that State Trooper Christopher Baldner was indicted on a murder charge. This comes after he allegedly used his police vehicle to ram a car, resulting in the death of an 11-year-old.
3. State employee arrested after dropping cocaine at work
An employee at the Department of Taxation and Finance was arrested Monday after State Police said he dropped 6.5 grams of cocaine while he was leaving work.
4. 18-year-old killed in crash
An 18-year-old was killed in a crash at the intersection of State Route 67 and County Highway 116 in Fulton.
5. Niskayuna Co-op raising prices
The Co-op in Niskayuna said they will be raising their prices again as the supply chain faces issues.
- Schuylerville prepared for state championship rematch
- Siena drops to 0-7 following last second loss to Colgate
- Woman meets Good Samaritan who returned lost purse
- #8 Saint Rose advances to national quarterfinal with 3-0 victory
- Man charged with killing wife, 5-year-old child arraigned in Duanesburg Town Court