ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10)- In November New Yorker’s will be voting on the Restore Mother Nature Bond Act.
The act is part of a larger $33 billion initiative to fund environmental projects throughout the state over the next five years to fight climate change, the governor’s office said Thursday.
“We face a crisis for the planet and you only get one chance to fix it before reaching a point of no return. We recognize the magnitude and urgency of what we’re dealing with – because if you don’t save the planet, everything else is irrelevant,” Governor Andrew Cuomo said.
- Saints, Pickett pull off buzzer-beating victory
- RPI hockey shuts out Harvard, 2-0
- Lake George tops Maple Hill in quarterfinals
- Hoosick Falls knocks off Catskill
- Rensselear stuns Voorheesville in double OT