(CNN) — Friday marks 30 years since the launch of the famed Hubble Space Telescope.
Hubble blasted off on April 24, 1990. It has provided stunning images and innumerable science observations over the past three decades.
It has helped determine the age of the universe and revolutionized humanity’s understanding of it.
In the early years, Hubble experienced problems including an imperfection in the primary mirror that make images slightly blurry. There was also an issue with multiple gyroscope failures.
The Hubble Space Telescope was named after astronomer Edwin Hubble.
- Police investigate weekend violence
- Senior Spotlight: Saratoga Lacrosse
- Vote for your favorite in the #WearAMaskNY video contest
- Hundreds participate in El Paso birthday parade for 1-year-old Walmart shooting survivor
- Capital Region houses of worship split on reopening