(CNN) — Talk about an “out of this world” trinket.
A 30 pound piece of the moon is up for sale at Christie’s.
The lunar meteorite landed on the Earth during a meteor shower.
According to a statement from the famed auction house, the fragment was discovered two years ago in the Sahara Desert.
This piece of history does not come cheap. The asking price is around $2.5 million.
The sale is private, as opposed to an auction, which means it can be bought immediately.
Christie’s says it is the fifth largest moon piece available on the planet Earth.
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Dramatic images show bus hanging off New York City overpass; driver refuses drug test
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway
- ‘Reimagine Rebuild Renew’: A look at the 2021 agenda for NYS
- Police investigating after some lawmakers claim Capitol tours were given to rioters ahead of breach