SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Schenectady police last Thursday arrested Chance VanPatten, 38, and Stephen Raffele, 37, both from Schenectady for two counts of Criminal Possession of Stolen Property 3rd degree, a class D felony.
Police say VanPatten and Raffele were charged after a late-night traffic stop in Schenectady where both men were found to be in possession of two dirt bikes that had been reported stolen. One of the dirt bikes had been reported stolen to State Police on August 7, 2021 after a Princetown resident reportedly found that someone had broken into their garage and stolen it.
The second dirt bike was reported stolen to the Niskayuna Police Department, according to police.
Both men were taken into custody and transported to SP Princetown for processing. They were each issued an appearance ticket for Schenectady City Court at a later date.
More from NEWS10
- Alert: Fake postal phone scams target Troy residents
- Police: Items in burglary recover handgun in Albany
- Battle of rookie QBs as Patriots, Jets seek 1st win Sunday
- Vermont State Police investigate death of woman found in Lake Champlain
- Albany Police Pine Hills details arrest two men for robbery, handgun possession