(CNN) — “No bunny knows Easter better than Cadbury,” and “Lieutenant Dan” the dog hopes to be the 2020 face of that famous mammal.
Cadbury issued a casting call for all pets, not just bunnies, and now they are down to 10 finalists.
The New Richmond, Ohio coonhound, is named after the character in Forrest Gump, who lost his legs in combat.
His owner says Lieutenant Dan was born a little different, but he still lives his life to the fullest.
Interestingly, none of the finalists are actual rabbits.
Besides Lieutenant Dan, there’s a mini-horse, a pig, a llama, hamster, duck and two cats.
The popular Easter candy brand started the promotion 30 years ago with a commercial about a clucking bunny.
Fans have the chance to vote on Cadbury’s website.
Besides being the star of a new TV commercials, the winner gets $5,000.
- Siena Basketball Claims MAAC Regular Season Title, Top Seed in Tournament
- Times Union Center to allow fans for NCAA Hockey Regional
- Saint Rose women fall short once again in loss to Bryant & Stratton Buffalo
- Siena women’s lacrosse preps season-opening back to back against Canisius
- Local business helps support Proctors Theatre