NISKAYUNA, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Niskayuna Police Department responded to an accident between a car and motorcycle Sunday around 10 a.m. that has left two injured. Police say the motorcycle driver has serious, life-threatening injuries.
The crash happened at the intersection of Troy Schenectady Road and Lisha Kill Road in Niskayuna. Police say the motorcycle driver was transported to Albany Medical Center by helicopter.
The driver of the car sustained injuries that were non-life threatening. She was transported to Albany Med by ambulance for evaluation.
Police say they believe speed and disobeying a red traffic light were factors in causing the crash.
More from NEWS10
- ‘Jeopardy!’ champion Matt Amodio crosses $1 million mark: ‘This is just a childhood dream’
- Albany County coronavirus update, September 25
- 9/25/21: Fall-like Weather for the Weekend
- Shaker shrugs off second half surge from Shen to complete impressive road win
- Schuylerville wins defensive battle over Fonda-Fultonville